Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pollen levels and mood swings

(5 Posts)
Notquitegrownup Wed 20-Jun-07 17:31:15

Does anyone find that pollen levels or other allergies affect their moods? I usually suffer from mild/moderate hayfever, but have no symptoms at the moment, other than a murderous temper. It's like PMT but the clouds clear within 30 mins of taking antihistamine.

Am I just perculiar or does anyone else suffer mood swings with allergies? (And since both my boys seem foul tempered today, is it worth giving them a dose of antihistamine too, to see if it helps??!)

Notquitegrownup Wed 20-Jun-07 17:31:40

peculiar even

Notquitegrownup Wed 20-Jun-07 19:29:38

bump?

foxinsocks Wed 20-Jun-07 19:33:35

oh gawd, I am all over the place today. I took loads of antihistamine yesterday after darcies thread made my weep and my eyes went mad again and today, I feel like I've been walking in a cloud all day. In fact, one of the other school mums asked me (v politely) if I was going to drive because she didn't think it was very sensible .

Yes, hayfever makes me moody, irritable and very tired and it does the same for my children.

You are not mad .

Notquitegrownup Wed 20-Jun-07 21:02:16

Oh whew! Thank goodness for MN! I really didn't expect any replies and was wondering if I was imagining it all, but the link to my mood clearing and the antihistamine is soooo clear. It's a real rollercoaster of ups and downs though - I'm not enjoying it at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now