Talk

Advanced search

Allergy/intolerances friendly play group.

(5 Posts)
Dalmatian101 Fri 05-Oct-18 20:49:04

Do you worry about attending regular play groups because your child has an allergy or intolerance to something at the play group?
Does your child have a condition affected by something that appears at regular play groups?
I am one of those mums.
I'm putting together a play group where your children can attend and play without being exposed to these things.
With mainly food/drinks being the culprits (I understand that other factors may be affecting your children-please contact me if it is something other that food) it is often impossible to attend regular play groups and if you do you are always on the look out for that food, or play activity that contains the food in question.
Do you have questions that mums at regular play groups can't answer? Are you looking for some support and advice from other families living with this?

I aim to offer this is the Exeter area, open to surrounding towns/villages also.

There will be a few rules and no food or drink will be one of them, water is the only drink allowed and hand washing is a must before entering the room, as well as clean, food free clothes. Toys will be new or sterilised and all possible cross contaminants will be removed with the room being cleaned thoroughly before use. I am sure that as all families attending are in the same/similar boat, these rules will be more of a comfort than a hinderance and the families attending will be happy to comply to keep their child and other child safe.

You see I am one of these mums and I had little support while my child was a baby and I wanted/want other mums to share advice with as well as having a safe and worry free environment for my child to play in.

This will be happening in the new year and I'm looking for numbers that might be interested.

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 28-Oct-18 09:05:28

Have you posted about this on MN Local too OP?

Dalmatian101 Sun 28-Oct-18 09:23:13

I have posted on FB local groups but not mums net. I don't know how to do a local mums net. I'll look into it.

OP’s posts: |
Sarahani Sun 28-Oct-18 20:19:53

I have a dc with allergies and would have lived there s. Great idea!

hibouchou Wed 31-Oct-18 16:22:02

My children with allergies are older now but this would have been a godsend at the time. Such a good idea, hope it all goes well.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in