Talk

Advanced search

CMA / Dairy - how long does it take to build up and show severe skin effect

(4 Posts)
KLG3101 Sun 17-Jun-18 07:58:17

Hi there
My DD 9.5 months has had dry skin since she was born. Due to reflux was prescribed Neocate which didn’t help the reflux and didn’t clear skin totally hense why we’ve weaned her normally (with talks with HV). After 8-10 weeks of this diet her skin has all of a sudden become so dry and broken to the point the GP sent us to our local children’s A&E. We have been sent home waiting on dermatology calling next week. My question is could this be alllergy relates? Could it have taken 10 weeks to build up in her system and come to a head? No hives previously, no sick, no bad tummy just awful skin.

OP’s posts: |
KLG3101 Sun 17-Jun-18 08:01:11

Photos below

OP’s posts: |
MumUndone Sun 17-Jun-18 08:05:45

My DS gets eczema from cows milk, we usually see effects within a day or so but skin does get worse over time so after 10 days would be very bad. Does depend on amount of cows milk eaten. He used to be very unsettled as a baby (before we realised the cows milk protein allergy), which I think was due to sore tummy, also had very rough skin on torso and around neck, no upset tummy or sickness though.

MumUndone Sun 17-Jun-18 08:09:19

So yes, could be due to allergies but would be very difficult to diagnose as delayed onset allergies (non ige reaction) doesn't show up in blood test. You could try eliminating cows milk (and soya, as often these allergies go hand in hand) and see how you get on. We give DS oat milk.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in