Talk

Advanced search

Hay fever

(9 Posts)
LozSimmo Sat 02-Jun-18 11:16:00

Hi I'm new on here, only about 3 weeks on but I wondered if anyone knew what to do about hay fever? The pharmacy told me you can't take and allergy tablets but I'm sneezing, itchy throat and eyes etc 😩 are they just bring over cautious? Thanks xx

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sat 02-Jun-18 16:36:05

Why wouldn't you be able to take them?

MrsBartlettforthewin Sun 03-Jun-18 09:43:10

If you've been told you can't have tablets is a spray. This is what my GP told me to buy when pregnant, worked well once i got used to the weird sensation.

LozSimmo Sun 03-Jun-18 12:52:45

I asked the pharmacist and she said all hay fever boxes say not to be taken when pregnant. She said I'd have to book an appointment with a doc to see if they would allow any. Like I say, I wondered if they were being over cautious? Wondered if others have taken them and if so which ones ....

OP’s posts: |
IvorHughJarrs Sun 03-Jun-18 12:55:55

Sounds like they are all just covering their backs
www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/935.aspx?categoryid=54

Justusfornow Sun 10-Jun-18 18:17:03

I wonder could you use prevalin spray or haymax ? Worth checking if they carry the pregnancy warning

GrapesAreMyJam Tue 19-Jun-18 04:02:46

I suffer from hayfever really badly every year.

Last year I was pregnant and had to see my GP and was prescribed something I'd never had before but he said it was safe in pregnancy

Schroedingerscatagain Tue 19-Jun-18 08:27:34

The pharmacist is just being cautious, just visit the gp

I have severe seasonal and perennial rhinitis and took prescribed antihistamine and nasal spray throughout my pregnancies

I’m currently using an antihistamine nasal spray which only absorbs at site, you could try that

Scrubslife Wed 11-Jul-18 17:15:07

They are being over cautious, you can use cetirizine in pregnancy there is no evidence that it causes any problems whatsoever. Lots of places just don't like selling medications to pregnant women, ask as friend or partner to get it for you!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in