Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly allergic?

(4 Posts)
bobisbored Fri 27-Apr-18 18:15:18

Has anyone suddenly developed an allergy to jewellery? My white gold wedding and engagement rings, which I haven't taken off for 8 years have suddenly started irritating my skin. The skin is almost burnt underneath and is so itchy. I had to take them off last night and haven't worn them today. There is a red ring of sore scaly skin where they have been. So odd. I haven't used any new hand cream or soap that I can think of.

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 29-Apr-18 06:38:06

I get this occasionally with my wedding ring which interesting also has some white gold. I leave it off until my finger has healed completely and it’s usually ok after that for a while.

Think I just need to get DH to replace it with a Platinum one, have it blessed and a blessing party grin

Suzanne1987 Sat 12-May-18 22:05:20

Hi i had my copper coil inserted in Nov 2017 and now I have become allergic to my Stirling silver wedding rings and belt buckles. Could this be connected to me having the copper coil as I went to the doctors about a month ago and she said it was down to my hands being in water but my belt buckles around my waist isn't in water and I still get the same reaction. If anyone has any advice i would be truly thankful.

MrsDishavingaB Fri 08-Jun-18 15:09:08

Oh this is actually a thing! It's wedding ring dermatitis or "wedding ring rash" and it's a sudden reaction to the nickel in the metal or a build up of debris. My sister had this and it went away after a good professional clean of the ring and a while of not wearing it, she almost contemplated getting her hubby to buy her a platinum replacement set haha

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in