Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Struggling with wheat free!

(5 Posts)
ragmayo Sat 03-Feb-18 09:50:57

I'm trying to cut out all wheat as I bleed fairly heavily after eating it, and it gives me cystic acne too, but it's in everything!!🤬
Does anyone have any tips or recipes/recommendations please?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 12-Feb-18 16:39:18

Those symptoms sound awful. Have you spoken to your GP?

RatRolyPoly Tue 13-Feb-18 18:19:35

Hello! Do you do your shopping online? I use Tesco and they have a filter so you can search for "gluten free" when looking for your usual grocery items. I found that such a help when we first started cutting out wheat for DS. Then after a while you build up a few tried and tested favourites and it all gets easier. Good luck!

BrutusMcDogface Tue 13-Feb-18 18:25:36

There's loads out there! I'm sure you have seen a gp (have you?) because I agree the symptoms sound scary! Bleeding as in period bleeding?

Anyway- rice, potatoes, fruit and vegetables are all obviously wheat free. The quality of gluten free bread has improved dramatically over the years; I had some Asda pitta breads today and they were amazing!

If you're just cutting out wheat, and not gluten, you can still have Rice Krispies (supermarket own are usually gf too), cornflakes, gluten free pure oats.

Soy sauce contains wheat but you'll find something called tamari in the free from section; it's basically gf soy sauce.

What do you normally eat that you're struggling to find alternatives to?

ragmayo Fri 16-Feb-18 23:46:15

Thank you everyone for the replies and advice. I definitely react to wheat, possibly gluten. But also certain vegetables and definitely fruit and cereals.
Had surgery a few years back and surgeon said my bowel was badly ulcerated. However up to now have a diagnosis of ibs. I bleed fairly heavily, I'd say more than you would first day of period, and bleeding is from the rectum. I work in a hospital and they react to tiny losses of rectal bleeding, so find it difficult to see how go unconcerned with this amount. Have an appointment in a couple of weeks because this needs dealing with, and I've lost clots this week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: