Talk

Advanced search

Hives from weaning??

(3 Posts)
HeyPresto2016 Fri 29-Dec-17 21:25:44

Hello!

I have a 13 month old daughter who I am gradually weaning fully, I currently breast feed her once before bed and once during the night if she wakes up which she does most nights.

Over Christmas, around Christmas Eve I think, I noticed a few spots around my rib cage that have since spread to my boobs, my chest and stomach, my neck, and in smaller amounts to my back and arms. After a lot of googling I’m pretty sure I’ve developed hives and as I can’t think of any new foods I’ve eaten, and I haven’t used any new washing powder etc., I’m wondering about what might have caused them.

My questions are as follows:
Has anyone out there ever had hives that they suspect or know are related to breast feeding or weaning?
Are there any homeopathic remedies that people have used to help them go away or at least itch less?
Does anyone know of any antihistamines you can take when breastfeeding? I think I’ll ring 111 tomorrow to see if they have any advice on this too. NHS online says I can take Clarityn but I’m not sure for how long this will be safe as it also says I should take the smallest possible dose for the shortest possible time.

I also wonder if they have been bought on by stress - we’ve travelled around a bit this Christmas, my maternity leave ends and my daughter goes to nursery in January plus I have had a cold and am starting a new job so there is lots of change afoot!

Please help if you can, I am very itchy and feel gross!

xxx

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Fri 29-Dec-17 21:42:30

Could it be shingles?

HeyPresto2016 Fri 29-Dec-17 21:51:23

@dementedpixie I’d wondered that but I don’t think so, it is isn’t confined to just one side of my body.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in