Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

baby alpaca fibre blanket for sensitive skin?

(2 Posts)
kash76 Wed 08-Nov-17 19:13:18

I do realise my "problem" is not really a problem but I was wondering if anyone knows about baby alpaca? My lil one has quiet sensitive skin, she gets rashes quiet easily so I tend to buy all natural fibres clothing. I want to get her warm blanket for the winter but I am not really sure which to get. Cotton is obviously not warm enough, wool would be super itchy (I even get itchy and I don't consider myself sensitive!). Merino has traces of lanolin which I've heard still can cause allergies and discomfort on sensitive skin. Then cashmere- super expensive and it's hard to really know quality as half now is from China. But I have heard about this baby alpaca- which is softer than alpaca wool. It's got all the qualities of cashmere . Has anyone ever used one? Any opinions before I splash out?

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Mon 11-Dec-17 21:39:51

I knit and I have some baby alpaca yarn. I spent many hours making something with it and i find it unbearably itchy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: