Talk

Advanced search

baby alpaca fibre blanket for sensitive skin?

(2 Posts)
kash76 Wed 08-Nov-17 19:13:18

I do realise my "problem" is not really a problem but I was wondering if anyone knows about baby alpaca? My lil one has quiet sensitive skin, she gets rashes quiet easily so I tend to buy all natural fibres clothing. I want to get her warm blanket for the winter but I am not really sure which to get. Cotton is obviously not warm enough, wool would be super itchy (I even get itchy and I don't consider myself sensitive!). Merino has traces of lanolin which I've heard still can cause allergies and discomfort on sensitive skin. Then cashmere- super expensive and it's hard to really know quality as half now is from China. But I have heard about this baby alpaca- which is softer than alpaca wool. It's got all the qualities of cashmere . Has anyone ever used one? Any opinions before I splash out?

TheInimitableMrsFanshawe Mon 11-Dec-17 21:39:51

I knit and I have some baby alpaca yarn. I spent many hours making something with it and i find it unbearably itchy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: