Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hat and gloves for child with eczema

(4 Posts)
Whatsthekey1 Wed 01-Nov-17 12:25:24

Hi all. My 21 month old DS has severe eczema due to food allergies. He only wears cotton and i’m finding it difficult to find cotton or cotton lines hat and gloves for the cold weather. Can anyone help?

Waddlingwanda Wed 01-Nov-17 12:29:42

Have you tried boden? Or see if you can get some thin cotton gloves to sew inside others. Ebay?
Tbh Eczema kills if it gets warm so they’ll probs only want them on if it’s frostbite weather.
Certain types of fleece can be ok as long as there’s no seams.
I haven’t got any yet this year but if I find some I’ll let you know

ForgivenessIsDivine Thu 02-Nov-17 14:09:12

What about bamboo or silk? I found some by googling but not without latex or lycra which would have been an issue for my son..

Any chance you have a crafty relative in the family that could knit some for him..

PickAChew Thu 02-Nov-17 14:26:53

Merino wool might be non irritating if lanolin isn't an issue. I can't wear synthetic gloves, at all, as my skin just cracks all over, but I have no problem at all with wool.

You could always learning to knit (only half joking!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now