Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wheat free cereal

(7 Posts)
CountFosco Sat 07-Oct-17 18:33:36

DD has unexplained sore tummy and burping so her consultant has suggested we try excluding dairy and wheat for a limited period. Since we've already had one child with a dairy allergy we're experts on managing that but I was wondering about wheat free foods.

The biggy will be breakfast which she's pretty fussy about generally. She currently eats corn flakes which have barley malt in so I'm guessing won't be OK but what cereals are wheat/gluten free? She doesn't like porridge sadly.

irvineoneohone Sat 07-Oct-17 18:55:03

There are many. My ds is allergic to wheat, dairy, egg and many more.
His favorite is tesco gluten/wheat/milk free honey hoops and choco snaps.

mintbiscuit Sat 07-Oct-17 18:58:02

Porridge made with almond milk and drizzled with honey is lovely!

CMOTDibbler Sat 07-Oct-17 19:03:22

You can easily get gluten free cornflakes - Ocado have 5 different brands for instance, so I'd go with that rather than trying to get her to have anything else

pastabest Sat 07-Oct-17 19:10:55

The nestle GoFree range have been declared the best cornflake substitute in this house. Apparently the Honey ones are better than the normal ones though hmm

abc12345 Sat 07-Oct-17 19:16:40

Rice crispies (supermarket not Kellogg’s)

Schroedingerscatagain Sun 08-Oct-17 09:33:05

Just take a trip to the free from isle in any supermarket, lots of wheat free choices even ALDI have them

Current breakfast favourite in our house of 3 coeliacs is homemade waffles ( batch made then frozen) pop in toaster and quickly ready

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now