Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nut allergy advice please

(3 Posts)
user1496258805 Wed 31-May-17 20:39:05

Hi everyone I'm new to this site but would love some advice please. My son has a peanut allergy and the school are giving him a plated meal as they will not give any information on the food they provide. This means he hates the food and has no choice over what he eats. Are they allowed to refuse to tell me if the food has peanuts in it? My understanding of the food standards agency website is that schools have to list the 14 allergy foods if present. Is anyone else in this situation? Thanks

canteatcustard Mon 05-Jun-17 16:34:39

you can contact the company that supplies the food and ask for information direct.
Then you can ask for a chance to talk to the school cook and go over the menus re allergies.

DesignedForLife Sat 24-Jun-17 19:07:10

I don't know as new to nut allergy, but you might get better advice if you look st one of the Nut Allergy Facebook groups

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now