We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it possible to have a skin reaction on only one part of your body?

(5 Posts)
TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 27-May-17 14:05:39

DD2 is allergic to most suncreams so was glad to find one (Green People) last year that didn't bring her out in a rash. This week we've had to use it for the first time this year and this morning her cheeks are flushed and blotchy (though she says not itchy or sore, just hot). The rest of her skin is absolutely fine though and I'd have thought it she'd started reacting to it, it would be everywhere it had been applied - but we've not managed to think of anything else that she's put on her face, and she wasn't out long enough (I don't think) for it to be sunburn. Anyone had similar? (Can you tell I'm really hoping it isn't the suncream as I can't face trying to find another one again - she loathes creams at the best of times.)

Wolfiefan Sat 27-May-17 14:11:37

Slapped cheek?

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 27-May-17 14:15:12

Never thought of that! I hoped thought she was too old for those kind of childhood diseases though (she's 10). (I'm racking my brains trying to remember if she had it already, I know her sister did but I don't recall if she did too.) She doesn't feel ill, or have a temp, just her cheeks are hot.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sat 27-May-17 14:22:45

Ok, just read up on it on the NHS site and I think you might be right - it says you can get it at any age and peak time is April/May. Thanks @wolfiefan - I'd prefer a mild virus to a new skin allergy.

Wolfiefan Sat 27-May-17 17:55:23

Phew. Me too. Allergies can be so hard to deal with. Only thought of it as it is going round school at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now