Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PURAMINO vs Neocate

(5 Posts)
HLBug Thu 25-May-17 08:47:04

DD (5 weeks) has been on Nutramigen 1 for the past 2.5 weeks. Her CMPA symptoms were much better when we started on Nutramigen but have gotten worse again. I have a GP appointment this afternoon to talk about switching to an aminoacid-based formula and I'm just wondering if those 'in the know' can tell me anything about Nutramigen Puramino vs Neocate?

In particular, how do you prepare Neocate? Is the formula placed into pre boiled water similar to Puramino? Or do you put the formula into boiling water and then cool (which is what happened a couple of years ago but I think has now changed?)

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Thu 25-May-17 21:33:59

Don't know sorry HL but I didn't want you to go unanswered. How did the appointment go?

HLBug Thu 25-May-17 21:56:57

Thanks, nice to know someone is out there smile. DD obviously knew she was being talked about and 'performed' through the whole appointment so GP got to see her in full "my farts really hurt" breakdown mode. We were in and out within two minutes with a prescription for neocate and the offer of a peads referral if we want it (I said not yet as we've been through this with DS and know the drill, but nice to know we wouldn't need to fight for it if DD got any worse).

Pharmacy didn't have any neocate in stock so I'll go back for it tomorrow once their order comes in. Hopefully I can figure out how to actually make it up - everything I've seen online is quite confusing.

missg00se Thu 25-May-17 22:33:21

I can't 100% remember but I think the instructions on our Neocate say to add it to boiled water and then cool. I only made it up a few times though as sadly my DD won't touch the stuff 

How is your DD doing? It's so hard to see them so uncomfortable, especially when they are so little. I hope you find something that works for her soon.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 28-May-17 20:11:32

Ah that's good that you can be referred and you've got the prescription.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now