Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD really suffering with hayfever

(5 Posts)
123rd Thu 13-Apr-17 12:39:41

Hi,

My DD is really suffering wth hayfever all ready this season. She is only 13 and last year started taking one a day loretadine (sp???) anti hay fever tab. The other type of tablets with them active ingredient beginning with "C" seems to make her worse.
I'm keeping her bedroom window closed. But her hobby is an outdoor one so I'm struggling to see what else we can do to help her

Any ideas please ??

dementedpixie Thu 13-Apr-17 16:27:29

Has she seen a gp? A nasal spray or eye drops could help too

Deux Thu 13-Apr-17 16:31:30

Eye drops worked really well for my DS. The GP also suggested splitting the maximum dose of antihistamine - one lot before school and one after. That combined with eye drops seemed to keep it at bay. I used liquid so maybe try that.

This is an area where pharmacists can really help so they might be able to suggest a regimen that would suit your DD.

muckypup73 Thu 13-Apr-17 16:32:12

There is only one hayfever tablet that works for my son he gets it prescribed by the doctor.

123rd Thu 13-Apr-17 16:54:20

I didn't even think about seeing the GP.. Thought they would just say take an anti histamine. I don't suffer myself so can only sympathise.
Think we will pop to pharmacy first, see if there is anything they suggest. Good idea about splitting the dose. She was really bad lay night at bed time-but we had been to the park for a long time yday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now