Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Need help as my 4 month has a milk allergy

(7 Posts)
Donnal1989 Wed 22-Mar-17 11:08:25

My 4 month old has a milk allergy what type of food is best for him when I start to weaning him

dementedpixie Wed 22-Mar-17 16:28:48

Foods not containing milk! Fruits,vegetables, meat, etc are all naturally milk free

Miserylovescompany2 Wed 22-Mar-17 16:40:14

I mixed my daughters prescription formula with porridge, baby rice etc and added fruit purée.

I also started getting the banana and coconut pouches from the Ella's kitchen range. My daughter loved these. Plus, they contain 177 calories per 120ml pouch. Nice alternative to yogurt.

You can make mashed potato and add formula...

My daughter is 22 months now and is slowly being reintroduced to dairy.

Miserylovescompany2 Wed 22-Mar-17 16:43:15

Try one thing at a time...

Recommended weaning age is six months. I weaned my daughter early as she refused bottles from 4 month.

IJustWantABrew Wed 22-Mar-17 16:58:14

You can buy plenty of stuff from supermarkets which are milk free so if you plan to do blw you can still do standard meals with milk free ingredients. Places like Tesco do milk free fromage frais yoghurts. (Soya based) and also do stuff like milk free cheeses.
If you cook stuff from scratch you can better control what goes into food. Apparently if you buy basics range they tend not to contain milk.

dinobum Wed 22-Mar-17 20:00:38

There's a good Facebook group called 'cmpa for weaning' that's really useful

kristyannemartin Mon 17-Apr-17 20:22:12

It depends if he has got a full problem with milk of just milk on its own. My daughter has milk allergy and cant have cows milk. She can still eat cheese yougurts ect. As long as she doesnt have stright milk (including milkshakes) and somethimg is with it she is fine. Its a learning curve. It took me about 6-12months to work out everythimg. Take the time to document what your feeding and approx amount. Its a long process but well worth it. E.G if you try yoguert leave it approx 2 weeks with no milk items and if nothing happends its ok. Be assure to stay with brands ect. Everyone is different. Just make sure you document everything in order to know everything that can and cant ve given.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now