Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Skin rash when been outdoors ?

(5 Posts)
blamethecat Wed 15-Mar-17 16:46:51

DS is 3 1/2 y/o after being on the park Monday I noticed he had hives on his face and a few red spots on his stomach, they soon went down and had pretty much gone by bedtime, took him to nursery but had a call within 45 minutes to collect as he was covered in a red rash. He was outside playing when I collected him and part from the rash he was well in himself, got a doctors appointment for the same day and she confirmed it was an allergy and said to use piriton. the rash had reduced but not dissipated by bedtime and was still there today but not as bad. Just had another call to say the rash is back despite piriton after lunch and it appeared after forest school/outdoor play. Can anyone suggest what the likely cause is ? it seems to worsen when he has been outside, but apparently it isn't 'pollen season' yet ? Will be making another doctors appointment for him. (we have changed washing liquid but have pretty much finished the bottle and the rash is more noticeable on his face and neck where clothes don't touch) . I had a washing powder allergy as a child but other than that we have no known allergies either side.

Lissette Wed 15-Mar-17 16:54:40

Just before we went on holiday once my ds got something like this so we checked with the Pharmacist who said it was am allergy. Then we saw him hugging a tall bush in our front garden - it was the cause.

Lissette Wed 15-Mar-17 16:58:07

I think it was a spruce bush that caused my ds dermatitis

stayathomegardener Wed 15-Mar-17 17:26:27

Grass rash is really common.
Is it just on skin exposed to the sun or does it carry on under clothes?
Are you applying sun oil? Very common to react to that.

blamethecat Wed 15-Mar-17 19:09:35

The rash is all over but it gets worse on exposed areas after being outside. Spoke to doctors who said carry on as we are and see how it goes. Possibly tree pollen ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now