Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How can I make Neocate palatable?!

(3 Posts)
littlemissdaydreamer Fri 10-Mar-17 15:59:26

Has anybody found the secret to making Neocate palatable please?! My lo refuses it, and based on the smell I can't say I'm surprised!!
I've tried adding vanilla extract and nesquick as advised on other forums but it's not helping and I'm concerned about adding sugar over a prolonged period.
Thanks in advance smile

dinobum Sat 11-Mar-17 15:19:06

Are you still producing any breastmilk? If so you could express and slowly change the ratios.

I actually use A redbush teabag in my daughters milk but she's 22 months and I'm not claiming it's advised!

WendlaBergmann Sat 11-Mar-17 15:30:20

I was going to say vanilla as that's what I'd heard. Other than that I can't help I'm afraid, it smelled so disgusting I just carried on cutting allergens out of my diet and breastfed till he was 21 months. I know that's not the right decision or even possible for some allergy mums though.

My friend's paeds team tried nutramigel I think for her son and says that's better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now