Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yogurt advice

(5 Posts)
akent Tue 27-Feb-07 08:25:11

My dd is probably milk intolerant. She can tolerant yogurt and cheese, but milk seems to make her eczema flare up.

I've been giving her Rachel's Greek Yogurt with Honey to get maximum calories in to her. I now discover that it contains cream. I've emailed the company and they also occasionally put cream in their wholemilk yogurts.

Anyone got a yogurt recommendation that is just yogurt? Do I have to make it myself?

gingermonkey Tue 27-Feb-07 08:31:00

Try yeo valley. I have some in the fridge at the moment and just checked ingrediants, no cream.

akent Tue 27-Feb-07 11:24:37

Thanks. I have emailed Yeo Valley to check the ingredients. I should have said in the OP that the carton does not list cream as an ingredient, so I was worried that other yogurts might contain cream but not say.

PrettyCandles Tue 27-Feb-07 11:30:01

Have you tried St Helens Farm? I eat their goats' mlik yogurt, but I think they do cows' milk yogyrt as well.

BTW it's very easy to make your own yogurt at home.

gingermonkey Tue 27-Feb-07 11:34:33

I think the big pots sometimes have better ingrediants list. I have the rachel's greek one with honey (in a big pot) and that does list cream. The small Yeo valley ones don't have a list on them but the big ones do. My mum used to make yoghurt when we were kids and it was easy, can't remember how she did it tho. What about just plain natural yoghurt and adding fruit puree or honey?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now