Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gluten-dairy free restaurant in Birmingham

(10 Posts)
MollyHuaCha Sun 15-Jan-17 19:57:22

I'm planning a get-together over lunch and Birmingham is a central location for all those who will be going. I'm looking for a restaurant or cafe which can suit everyone in the group.

Needs to:
- have gluten free options
- have dairy free options
- suit one person who does not like seafood
- not be a curry or Mexican place!
- Walkable from main Birmingham train station
- not too noisy (we'd like to chat, not lip read)

Either posh or not posh would be fine - I just want everyone to be happy that they can find something to eat that suits them.

Thank you if you have any ideas smile

MollyHuaCha Mon 16-Jan-17 19:32:50

Anyone??? confused

witchmountain Mon 16-Jan-17 19:42:25

There used to be a Wagamama in the Bullring, I guess it's still there, 5 min walk from New Street station. I've eaten at other branches with someone who can't have gluten or dairy and the staff were quite organised about knowing what was suitable. Lively without being unbearably noisy.

MollyHuaCha Mon 16-Jan-17 21:01:22

Thanks Witchmountain smile

Laselva Tue 17-Jan-17 21:22:15

Pizza Express is also a good option. They even do a gluten free vegan pizza (which is very nice).

MollyHuaCha Tue 17-Jan-17 23:15:44

Brilliant, thanks Laselva. I'll check out both of these two options. Nice to know we have a choice.

pericat Tue 17-Jan-17 23:30:16

Red Peppers has a very mixed menu and has a separate gluten free menu option as well. http://www.red-peppers.co.uk/menus.html

Been there with different groups of friends (and dietary requirements), all accommodated with no fuss and very good food too.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Tue 17-Jan-17 23:36:51

www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/find-gluten-free-food-birmingham-11310776

MollyHuaCha Wed 18-Jan-17 18:06:13

Many thanks Pericat and TwoandTwo - I really appreciate your replies and the great links - so helpful! I think I'm going to choose Cosy Club. biscuitwinebrewcake

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Thu 19-Jan-17 00:39:46

I happened to see it yesterday and had already told coeliac Friends ... good timing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now