Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eczema

(6 Posts)
Mummyof21988 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:27:40

Does anyone no the best thing to use on my legs and hands since I've been pregnant they have got worse my legs just itch and itch sooooo bad doctors don't seem to be much help so wondered if there is something I haven't tried you can recommend?

happymumof4crazykids Mon 09-Jan-17 19:17:18

Oats in the bath help my little one ! She has awfully itchy skin and eczema and especially in the winter months it really helps soften her skin, all I do is put a big cup full in a Muslin cloth tie it up with a hair band and leave it in while the bath is running, squeeze it out loads before she gets in and don't use soap on her. I moisturise her skin with an emollient cream straight after and it really helps reduce her itching x

Mummyof21988 Mon 09-Jan-17 19:47:17

What cream do you use? My son has the same it's really bad on him I've tried so many different things that the doctor prescribed! X

ohballsnotagain Mon 09-Jan-17 21:19:41

Following. I didn't have eczema till I got pregnant. It's got worse since I had my son and I'm really struggling with it. Tried loads of creams from the doc, double base is the best so far but it's still pretty bad.

OreosOreosOreos Mon 09-Jan-17 21:40:20

It varies so much from person to person what works and what doesn't. I'd definitely second the oats in the bath idea, DS's got much better with that.

I use Neals Yard Baby lotion on DS, which seems to work well for him, and MooGoo scalp cream on mine - the NY doesn't work on mine and the MG doesn't work for him!

happymumof4crazykids Mon 09-Jan-17 22:10:38

Dermol 500 for in the morning and after bath, double base before bed. Double base is really greasy and is good for my little one but it does sting if they have broken skin. Burning sensation in mild and goes after about 10 mins. ( I suffer from contact dermatitis and my hand are always cracked and bleeding in the winter)
The trouble with emollients is what works for one doesn't for another so it's a trial and error process. Hope you manage to get some relief smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now