Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

recipe for egg free pancakes?

(6 Posts)
hayleyhew Sat 17-Feb-07 09:40:52

anyone got a recipe for egg free pancakes?

hayleyhew Mon 19-Feb-07 18:42:34

anyone?

alison222 Mon 19-Feb-07 18:58:53

I have tired this one and it does work

Dairy and egg free pancakes

1 cup +2 tablespoons SR Flour
1-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2.5 tablespoons baking powder
.5 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
1 cup + 3 tablesppns cooking oil
0.25 teaspoon vanilla
Combine the dry ingredients add the rest and mix togeither until combined Puour about 1/4 cup batter in a preheated griddle. Turn when lots of bubbles form on one side. Turn over until brown on the second side

I had no powdered gelatin so dissolved a bit of sheet stuff - no idea how much though I just guessed.

Here is another one I found. I have not tried it though, so the I in the recipe is not me

2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 cups water
3 Tbsp oil
1/4 tsp vanilla
Mix all the ingredients. I use a wisk to get all the lumps out. I use PAM in the pan, and then spoon out the batter, and cook like you would regular pancakes.
When they are done, I put them on wax paper to cool, and then I freeze them. Make sure you put wax paper in between the pancakes so you can take them out easier. I usually double the recipe, so I have pancakes for about 3 weeks.
Variations
· Add milk-free chocolate chips
· Add a mashed ripe banana to batter
This recipe, as well as others I have used (for cakes, cupcakes, donuts) came from FAN (the Food Allergy Network).

mawbroon Mon 19-Feb-07 18:59:37

Hi hayleyhew. I don't actually have any egg free recipes as I have only recently discovered that my ds is allergic. However, my sister's ds was allergic until he was 8 and she told me that she used to use 1 tablespoon of soy flour and a quarter cup of extra liquid as a substitute for each egg. She said it worked well for any recipe that required one or two eggs, but not more. As she only told me this today, I haven't had a chance to try it for myself!

karabiner Mon 19-Feb-07 20:45:45

I use a normal bread mix, with olive oil - a few tablespoons - with half pint rice milk. mix together to form a batter. Just a standard bread mix from a supermarket. it works really well and really easy to make.

alison222 Tue 20-Feb-07 18:05:56

Just realised I misssed out the milk below - it should have read
DUH I hope no one tried the original version

Dairy and egg free pancakes
1 cup
1 cup +2 tablespoons SR Flour
1-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2.5 tablespoons baking powder
.5 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
1 cup + 3 tablespoons Rice soya milk or ordinary miilk
3 Tablespoons oil to cook with
0.25 teaspoon vanilla
Combine the dry ingredients add the rest and mix togeither until combined Puour about 1/4 cup batter in a preheated griddle. Turn when lots of bubbles form on one side. Turn over until brown on the second side

I had no powdered gelatin so dissolved a bit of sheet stuff - no idea how much though I just guessed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now