Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

carry two - epipens

(5 Posts)
alontiensmjhbw5 Fri 21-Oct-16 16:07:05

As many of you are aware BSACI have released guidance suggesting carrying one epipen is enough.

Please keep signing and sharing this petition.

www.change.org/p/this-petition-supports-the-carrytwo-campaign-we-ask-the-bsaci-to-reverse-its-recommendation-of-one-auto-injector-pen-back-to-two

thank you

BadgerFace Fri 11-Nov-16 10:55:24

Signed and I will share elsewhere - thanks for posting. We carry 2 pens currently for my 3 year old. Our consultant tried to reduce this to one at our last review. I reminded her that our daughter had needed two shots in A&E at 15 months. Consultant had not read her notes properly and was trying to cut costs... I am thankful that we thought to challenge her on her original advice (on which we had assumed she was fully informed, scary that she was not!)

megletthesecond Fri 11-Nov-16 11:00:21

Signed and will share.

DrDreReturns Fri 11-Nov-16 11:02:41

I signed this a while back - DS carries two epi pens.
It annoys me because parents who aren't forceful or used to standing up to others will lose out.

babybarrister Fri 18-Nov-16 10:49:30

I also agree that we should carry 2 - the MHRA continues to support this as do the Anaphylaxis Campaign

www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/campaigning/two-adrenaline-auto-injectors/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now