Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Goodbye Green and Blacks, I loved you very much

(9 Posts)
LurkyLurkerMcLurkface Tue 30-Aug-16 13:19:15

So DS looks likely to have CMPA. Still waiting for paeds review. Today he had a lunch of white muffin, yellow pepper, cucumber and baba ganoush and he has a face rash exactly as he used to get with dairy. The muffin had soya flour in it.
We're going to have to go soya free aren't we? (I'm still breastfeeding, and we're already dairy free)
Any tips? (weeps over my chocolate free life)

LurkyLurkerMcLurkface Tue 30-Aug-16 13:21:06

To clarify the baba ganoush was home made so only aubergine, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.

GreenGoth89 Tue 30-Aug-16 13:27:14

I have a soya allergy - stop having any white sliced bread, gregs is totally out, keep an eye out for soya oil in cosmetics even baby products (sanitary towels too unfortunately!!), there are soya free chocolates but it's not easy to find - I can tolerate most brands but not Lindt! Good luck, it's in bloody everything but just have keen eye!

randomsabreuse Tue 30-Aug-16 13:38:42

Feel your pain. DD reacted to soya, egg and dairy in my diet and I have recently stopped bf - she's now 1 and thought climbing was more interesting than feeding from me...

Lidl has some soya and dairy free dark chocolate, Sainsbury's taste the difference dark bars and the Tesco 74% and 84% are all ok. Only Aldi had nothing...

Bourbons generally ok too!

Also there's a dark chocolate Almond Milk by Alpro in bigger Sainsbury's which is yummy!

Bread is a PITA. The Aldi seeded and malted sliced loaves are ok. Pittas sometimes are. Sainsbury's and Tesco pretty well everything has Soya flour apart from Ciabatta - the bakery has a good ingredient list.

Good luck - seriously hoping she will grow out of it and hope your DS does too!

fluffikins Tue 30-Aug-16 20:05:29

Join the cmpa for breastfeeders Facebook group. You can do it, if I can anyone can grin

chocomochi Tue 30-Aug-16 23:31:22

Poor boy. Are you sure it's not sesame in the tahini?

rogueelement Tue 30-Aug-16 23:42:15

Could be egg? Or sesame. Sorry, not cheerful I know.

Kinnerton's Dark chocolate is sold in Sainsbury's/Tesco in the free-from aisle and that is work checking out - it's definitely milk and nut-free.

buttonpossum Tue 30-Aug-16 23:52:05

All the foods you have him for lunch are high in salicylic acid and some also in amines. Salicylic acid intolerance can cause skin rashes. I can't link in my phone but have a look on line and you will find some info

babybarrister Wed 31-Aug-16 19:19:32

I would suggest that you have testing done to include egg and sesame as others have said above

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now