Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tips for eczema

(4 Posts)
Blyton Fri 19-Jan-07 22:57:53

Not sure if this is worth doing, or whether i'm being anal but thought it would be helpful (for me anyway) for people to list their top top tips (but keep it short for ease of reference) for combating eczema. I'm finding that i'm going cross eyed from reading all previous threads trying to extract tried and tested tips/creams/bathing techniques etc.

For instance, Heartmum2Jamie just recommended applying emollients in downwards strokes to avoid clogging up pores etc ... which i think is excellent. More of those please and thanx.

BURNINGTHECANDLE Fri 19-Jan-07 23:11:41

MIX AQUEOUS CREAM WITH OLIVE OIL AND WASH WITH IN THE BATH, THEN MASSAGE WITH OLIVE OIL BEFORE REMOVING SLIPPERY BABY FROM THE BATH!

belgianmama Fri 19-Jan-07 23:11:47

Good idea Blyton.
My top tips would be:
1) Moisterise mornings and evenings (personally I use dermol 500)
2) Bathe babies/children 1-2 times a week, unless of course they manage to get themselves filthy in the mean time
3) Keep them covered up in summer, e.g. T-shirts while swimming, light long sleeved t-shirts and 3/4 length shorts, no bare torsos for boys. I found that sun screen really agravates exzema and the smaller the area you need to cover the better
4) Sea water works wonders (for those MNers who live by the sea)
Hmm, can't think of any more really. That's my bit for the top tips!

sunlight500 Thu 22-Feb-07 14:04:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now