Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this normal? Warning - nappy contents!

(5 Posts)
Fellka Tue 31-May-16 16:01:13

Could anyone help me out - our little one is nearly 6 months old and has had various symptoms of intolerances - eczema, congestion, reflux and ongoing diarrhoea.

I gave up dairy and soy with a little improvement but not massive. After poor weight gain, I went about 4 days ago on an elimination diet with no wheat, nuts, egg, etc, basically just fruit (no citrus), vege and meat.

His last dirty nappy doesn't smell acidic like they had consistently been so I'm hopeful. They were really mucousx too. However, we've had such odd nappies for so long, I can't tell if today's is looking more "normal"! Could anyone enlighten me please?! Apologies for graphicness

EsmesBees Tue 31-May-16 16:07:14

Is he ebf or has he started on solids? If so, I remember some crazy nappies as the little bodies adjust to weaning. If not, then no, doesn't look quite like a normal bmilk nappy. Have a Google, there are lots of pics of what one should look like.

murphyslaws Tue 31-May-16 16:11:30

I was going to ask that. Has he had any solid food? As my DD changed dramatically

Fellka Tue 31-May-16 18:13:11

Thanks both - that's good to know. He's had a little sweet potato, banana and baby rice, but only the tiny amounts he'd swallow when playing with it.

I wish I'd done the elimination diet a month or two ago. We've been advised to introduce solids because of his poor weight gain and wait a few days between introducing each food to look for a reaction, but we're not at a baseline of normal from my milk so can't tell if it's something I'm eating or something he's eating.

EsmesBees Tue 31-May-16 19:00:12

Well I don't know about baby rice, but you'll know if he's managed any sweet potato or banana from the nappies. Both very distinctive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now