Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cradle cap / excema

(4 Posts)
Cantwait4summer Tue 12-Apr-16 10:42:39

Hi I know there's probably been threads on this issue but I thought more updated info might help me ! My DD is 5mths and has horrendous cradle cap over head, forehead -it's drives her mad trying to scratch it ..at night time even with mitts on she rubs it making her rash worse .
Dr has prescribed hydrocortisone cream for her forehead which helps but also been using aveeno on her face when it's not so angry red. .I've tried baby oil , olive oil and currently on coconut oil for her head and wash it out with dentitox shampoo. I'm now wondering if it's the shampoo makes it worse ? The oil does soften it but still see red patches on her head afterwards.
Are there other alternatives I could try to wash her head instead on dentitox? ? With aveeno does anyone use it to lather in babys head ?? Any tips greatly appreciated!

Purplerainbow2 Tue 12-Apr-16 19:20:41

I didn't realise you could get cradle cap on the face? Or do you mean she has something aswell as cradle cap? With ds2 nothing got rid of it, I tired all the above. The only thing that worked was head and shoulders which I read about on here. I asked my hairdresser friend about a 'strong adult' shampoo on his head and she said it was fine for a short period of time. It did go.... But Is your dd scalp inflamed or scratched? If so, prob not a good idea.

Purplerainbow2 Tue 12-Apr-16 19:21:54

Sorry Iv just re read the title!! blush is it eczema on top of cradle cap and eczema on her face aswell?

Cantwait4summer Wed 13-Apr-16 09:42:27

It does look like eczema as well as the cradle cap ..and it's along her forehead mainly . My other two DC had cradle cap but it didn't bother them only with DD3 she finds it itchy .I had to put a cotton hat on her head to stop her scratching yesterday which seemed to do the trick .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now