Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dairy free white chocolate?

(10 Posts)
DrDiva Mon 29-Feb-16 18:58:26

Does a nice version of this exist in the uk? Plamil is the work of the devil. I was wanting to make cake pops for DS who is dairy intolerant - so any other suggestions for coating would be gladly welcomed too!

earlyriser Mon 29-Feb-16 19:10:45

Choices do white chocolate Easter eggs that you could melt down, expensive but that might work. Sainsburys stock them in the free from aisle.

earlyriser Mon 29-Feb-16 19:12:29

Or I just remembered that you can buy white chocolate buttons from humzingers (I think that is the name of them- blue packet in tesco).

earlyriser Mon 29-Feb-16 19:13:43

This is a good website www.alternativestores.com/vegan-vegetarian-shopping/vegan-white-chocolate-buttons-choices-rondellos-25g.html

DrDiva Tue 01-Mar-16 07:49:23

Oh, thank you! I will have a look for the egg - that sounds good, as Choices get reasonable reviews online. If it's a bit expensive I don't mind, this is a one-off treat.
Tesco don't stock the chocolate buttons any more. sad

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 01-Mar-16 07:54:07

I have covered cake pops in Betty Crockers Vanilla Butter (no dairy!!) icing before. I have the stuff but the kids loved it!

DrDiva Tue 01-Mar-16 08:20:45

That's a good one too, thank you! Might try that as well tries to expunge ingredient list from brain

anotherdayanothersquabble Tue 01-Mar-16 12:31:04

(I hate the stuff, not I have the stuff and yes, the ingredients list is shocking!!)

PitPatKitKat Thu 03-Mar-16 06:03:04

Vivani nougat crisp is lovely- white chocolate hazelnut praline. Bu tits dear and like hen's teeth.

DH loves white chocolate and can;t have dairy, so in the past I have mixed up something like this except I used macadamia butter and golden syrup due to what I had in. Tasted lovely, needed chilling though.

DrDiva Thu 03-Mar-16 06:12:55

pitpat I like the look of that recipe! I found another one, but it seemed a bit faffy. I will try that.

I will also look out for the vivani.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now