Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Penicillin allergy

(5 Posts)
TheBear13 Sat 05-Dec-15 10:54:04

Hi, my 18 has just been diagnosed with a penicillin allergy (he's swollen and pretty much red/patchy red). The doctor has said to give him Puriton, which he has had 2 doses so far but it not helping his rash - does anybody have any advice on how long the rash lasts or if there's anything I can do to help... He's fine in himself just the awful rash

lighteningirl Sat 05-Dec-15 20:39:13

I am allergic to penicillin it brings me up in rashes plus makes my throat swell/vomiting etc I haven't had it since my teens but I think the rash lasted a day or two left my skin really sensitive for about a week.

EllieJayJay Sat 05-Dec-15 20:46:00

Same here, last allergic reaction I had was a few days. You can also get some cream if it's itchy / I itch like mad with allergy

Hope he feels better soon xx

TheBear13 Sat 05-Dec-15 20:56:05

Thank you for your advice, it's made me feel much better... The doctor didn't really give me any advice apart from give him Puriton and the rash will go xx

EllieJayJay Sat 05-Dec-15 22:29:16

Poor little lamb - pop to see a pharmacist tomorrow they will be able to help smile with creams I've eaten something I shouldn't have and am going nuts with the itching smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now