Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this rash?

(7 Posts)
ConfusedInBath Fri 13-Nov-15 20:31:41

For the past 8/10 weeks I've had this strange thing going on on my knees, lower legs and elbows. It's VERY itchy, it feels hot and it looks like some sort of bite. Red little spots that I can itch the top off. It's not anywhere else. It sort of feels like hives but with a scab.

I've had a huge amount of stress/stuff going on lately so it hasn't been on the top of my list but I'm going to see GP as its not going away.

Any ideas please?

ConfusedInBath Sat 14-Nov-15 15:52:15

Anyone please?

BeenAndGone Sun 15-Nov-15 20:10:45

Can't see photos but dermatitis herpetiformis is very itch, appears in elbows, knees and looks like small raised blisters. Does that fit?

Sedona123 Sun 15-Nov-15 21:32:44

What Beenandgone said. Try googling it. I get that, it is a symptom of gluten allergy and does flare up when I am stressed, or if I have eaten anything containing gluten. Btw I saw several doctors for it, and none of them knew what it was.

ConfusedInBath Mon 16-Nov-15 12:35:12

Thank you!

I've just googled dermatitis h and the pictures are identical.

I had my gallbladder out in May and during the tests to see what was going on I had an emdoscopy eith biopsy for CD that was negative??

I'll go to my GP and see what he says.

Thanks for replies.

BeenAndGone Mon 16-Nov-15 13:39:23

I would contact coeliac uk and discuss it. They're very help and knowledgable about getting a diagnosis (if that fits).

I guess you may not have had the disease for long enough to do damage yet? Or perhaps DH can be cause by other gluten issues, I'm not sure. Hope it clears up soon.

ConfusedInBath Mon 16-Nov-15 13:59:59

Thank you. That's really helpful!
I will ring them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now