Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

CARROTS!! I waaaannnt the carrots!

(2 Posts)
EagleRay Wed 11-Nov-15 22:29:13

DD is nearly 3 and over the last year or so has had a very restricted diet due to various suspected food allergies (under the care of a dietician) and is about to start testing for possible growth disorder (she's very short but not undernourished or underweight)

She's eaten carrots on and off but recently become a little bit crazy about them confused At bedtime she'll often ask for them (tonight she chomped through a bowlfull) and sometimes there's a request first thing when she wakes up. One night she even woke at 3.30am to request one and was distraught when I said no so I had to go and peel one and bring it back for her.

We're kind of amused, and relieved it's not crisps she's obsessed with but I was wondering if it could be at all related to her restricted diet, or allergies (like a craving or deficiency) or if it's likely to be just a toddler obsession thing? Strangely, her nusery were quite surprised when I said how mad she was for carrots as she doesn't ask for them when she's there; it seems to be restricted to home.

babybarrister Thu 12-Nov-15 22:08:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now