Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

where can I buy kinnerton chocolate?

(30 Posts)
hayleyhew Sun 03-Dec-06 20:56:43

I have just discovered that my youngest has got a nut allergy. My 3 year old has cadburys buttons and the youngest is always trying to pinch them. I was going to try and wean eldest onto kinnerton chocolate but I cant find it anywhere? I live in Retford, Notts - have tried boots, asda and morrisons? Any ideas?

notreallyhereDee Sun 03-Dec-06 20:57:27

atm, i say stock up on advent calenders.

jampots Sun 03-Dec-06 20:58:38

completely agree with Notreallyheredee

brimfull Sun 03-Dec-06 20:59:29

I buy it from waitrose.
M&S sell nut free chocolate

notreallyhereDee Sun 03-Dec-06 20:59:33

they will be reducing them soon

TheChristmasArmadillo Sun 03-Dec-06 21:00:07

woolies does the eggs at easter and the advent calendars/christmas chocs. Not sure if they do it at other times though.

ISawTortoiseKissingSantaClaus Sun 03-Dec-06 21:00:37

Anything here any good?

hayleyhew Sun 03-Dec-06 21:01:08

kinnerton advent calenders? where can I get these? I have seen all sorts of goodies that they sell on thier website - but I cant find any!

asleep Sun 03-Dec-06 21:01:11

the website (kinnerton.com) has a list of stockists.

JackieNoHoHo Sun 03-Dec-06 21:01:14

I've noticed they seem to do a lot of character things, like chocolate lollies with postman pat, or winnie the pooh on - keep an eye out for stuff like that?

brimfull Sun 03-Dec-06 21:01:17

tbh ds has white choc buttons ,normal ones ,think it's nestle

brimfull Sun 03-Dec-06 21:02:08

m&s do nut free advent calenders aswell

notreallyhereDee Sun 03-Dec-06 21:02:42

we fifi and the flowertots, thomas and postman pat kinnerton advent calenders. got ours in mothercare.

Skribble Sun 03-Dec-06 21:03:40

Woolies tend to do there stuff most of the time.

Stockists

Rummum Sun 03-Dec-06 21:04:45

I buy mine from sainsburys...
MIL's been round today with a dairy/egg/nut free advent calender from kinneton... I think she ordered it from their website...

hayleyhew Sun 03-Dec-06 21:10:10

Thanks for responses. Do you all advise staying away from Cadburys buttons even though on thier website it says doesnt contain nuts and has no nut warnings on?

Diddlum Sun 03-Dec-06 22:11:00

I don't know much about allergies but I do know that Kinnerton make advent calendars for Thorntons!

anniemac Mon 04-Dec-06 12:05:18

Message withdrawn

santasaltire Mon 04-Dec-06 12:07:20

Woolies near me had chocolate mini Thomas things, and chocolate tree decorations by Kinnerton the other day when i was in

corrina28 Mon 04-Dec-06 12:29:16

i have morrisons across the road to me and they sell kinnerton chocolate, they have the thomas the tank engine choc shapes otherwise wilkinsons do the advent calendars

BaileysMilkshake Mon 04-Dec-06 12:54:21

No disrespect to Kinnerton as my DD loves it, but I tend to find it in all the cheaper shops/market stalls etc.

I only see it in bigger shops ASDA, Tesco etc at Easter - but that's a very choclatey time of the year.

kslatts Mon 04-Dec-06 13:16:03

Hi, Homebase sell Kinnerton advent calenders.

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 04-Dec-06 13:21:28

morrisons have kinnerton advent calendars?..had never heard of it till last week when shopping?

Smithagain Mon 04-Dec-06 18:54:50

Hayleyhew - I tend to steer away from Cadbury's stuff as much as possible, because they seem to have a bad track record of cross-contamination in their factories. That is on the basis of my reading of the Anaphylaxis Campaign newsletter and mailshots they send out when there has been a problem.

That't not to say that we never take a chance with Cadburys, because they are hard to avoid. But I try and find alternatives.

Marks and Spencers is one of Kinnertons biggest clients. A lot of their kids' chocolate products are made by Kinnertons even though their name is not on the pack. They are the ones which say they are made in a nut-free environment. Not cheap, though.

Otherwise, I agree with others. Kinnertons major on products with characters on then They are easier to track down at Christmas and Easter, but you have to read labels to find them.

Our Sainsburys certainly have a number of Kinnerton products. I often stock up on tube of chocolate buttons at this time of year, to keep us going till Easter. In fact, that reminds me ...

L1Z Fri 02-Feb-07 15:02:31

Don't know whether this is a bit late, but my local Asda is selling of Christmas kinnerton stock for a pittance. Bags of chocolate santas that were £2 each before Christmas are now 23p, and the after-dinner mints are down from £3 to a pound each.

The best before date isn't till November, so I've stocked up. Keep your eyes open if you're near to Asda.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now