Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Calling all breastfeeding mums on elimination diets and cows milk allergy mums! Have your LO's dropped down height centiles?

(4 Posts)
Jessbird1 Wed 02-Sep-15 18:38:00

My DS is dairy, soya, wheat and egg free, plus most fish and some fruits / veg. He is nearly 1 and at his 1 year check I was HORRIFIED to find out he had dropped right down from 75th centile for height to between 9th and 75th. He is still on par with 75 centile for head circum and weight so this in my mind indicates a problem. Dietician is adamant calcium intake is not the issue ( I don't agree!!) but I have read many studies saying poor calcium
And vitamin D cause poor growth. So I am interested to know if any of your LO's have experienced the same problem and did they ever regain? We are currently weaning onto neocate and are now giving him Koko milk in puddings and with breakfast trying to get calcium in at every turn. I just feel so awful as we had so little support and advice and my poor little boy started as one of the biggest and is now one of the shortest ��

Jessbird1 Wed 02-Sep-15 18:38:48

Sorry should read 'between 9th and 25th)

ScarletBegonia1234 Sun 06-Sep-15 14:19:52

Id be interested to know this as I am on an elimination diet for my 4 month old. I am drinking a lot of oat milk though which is fortified with calcium and vitamin d... I went to the gp to get calcium supplements but when I got them home they had soy and lactose in them hmm not very helpful!

nearlyreadytopop Sun 18-Oct-15 18:16:49

Ds2 was diagnosed as anaphylactic to dairy at 2weeks old after reacting to dairy protein in my breastmilk. I was then dairy, soy and egg free and he was ebf until 6 months when we moved onto Nutramigin AA. He was on the 99.6th centile when he was born and now at 12 months is around the 95th.
Does your DS still take bm or formula? There is a chart somewhere of how much formula they need to meet calcium requirements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now