Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

4mo being diagnosed as cows milk intolerant for runny nappies?

(14 Posts)
TeaPleaseLouise Thu 16-Jul-15 14:52:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Thu 16-Jul-15 21:21:45

This does not sound like CMPI to me. My DS had CMPI (he has outgrown it now) and he had a full spectrum of symptoms: distended/gassy stomach, diarrhea, eczema and irritability.

I would definitely ask for a second opinion and a different HV - MN was my lifeline with my both my children. I cannot believe your SIL's HV has warned her away from here. Silly woman.

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 17-Jul-15 08:27:55

zombiemeow Fri 17-Jul-15 08:40:51

My ds was diagnosed at 4/5 weeks after 2 weeks of daily visits to the Drs and phone calls and eventually I ended up taking him to hospital.

He was extremely irritable crying and squirming when awake, was covered in a rash all over his face and body, he was sick after every feed, ate every 45 mins round the clock (he had stomach pain and the only way to ease it was eating which in turn caused more pain) and in the end was pooing jut blood. Drs kept telling me it was normal/it's colic/he's constipated/ he has gastro/ it's over feeding but when he did a big blood poo I got him straight to hospital.

Diagnosing it because of runny nappies sounds a bit strange to me!

StoryOfMyLife Fri 17-Jul-15 08:41:50

Cmpi was evident in my daughter pretty much from birth. Failure to thrive, eczema, very unsettled, frothy green poo.

I agree it sounds like she needs a new health visitor!

LionWings Fri 17-Jul-15 08:43:58

I know someone whose twins were diagnosed with CMPI, their only symptoms were diarrhoea and some reflux symptoms. That was a paediatrician. Is it a new thing? If it was from birth, I would try it just in case. It also depends on just runny or more severe than that.

Better than just being fobbed off imo which is what happens too often.

dementedpixie Fri 17-Jul-15 08:57:39

soya formula should not be the first choice milk for cmpi especially for boys. I wouldn't be happy with the hv advice tbh

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 17-Jul-15 09:14:36

LionWings Fri 17-Jul-15 09:21:39

Was he sick? It's common to get a temporary lactose intolerance after an illness, even a cold etc

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 17-Jul-15 09:42:27

TeaPleaseLouise Thu 30-Jul-15 10:30:47

TeaPleaseLouise Thu 30-Jul-15 10:31:23

Natzjessjake14 Thu 30-Jul-15 18:59:36

My little boy 7mo has had runny nappies for 9 days and I took him to gp yesterday he said he could have had a bug which his milk then irritated him so to take him off his milk for a few days (except bedtime one) see if symptoms get better he was having about 8 a day explosive nappies just water sorry for tmi, he had no milk other than his morning one yesterday had 3 poos went gp had no more milk and no poos had one before bed woke up this morning with one again so milk all day today and not one poo! I think his is just temporary but trying to keep a chunky boy of his milk is hard! Especially as he off his food too!

Natzjessjake14 Thu 30-Jul-15 18:59:56

Sorry no milk All day today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now