Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How to calm down a very itchy allergic skin reaction!?

(5 Posts)
Flingmoo Mon 13-Jul-15 06:55:51

Had an allergic reaction to some acne cream the doctor prescribed. Woke up yesterday with red itchy face and chest sad it's allergic contact dermatitis I believe.

Any idea how to stop the itching?! It's driving me mad sad

Stuffofawesome Mon 13-Jul-15 07:09:02

Cetirizine might do it. Disclaimer I am not a dr. Go to pharmacy and ask them

Liney15 Mon 13-Jul-15 07:29:45

Piriton I've heard is very good for chickenpox itching but go to chemist for advice.

Flingmoo Mon 13-Jul-15 07:35:32

Thanks smile I took cetirizine today and yesterday (been taking it for hayfever anyway), which didnt seem to help the rash, just took one of my husband's chlorphenamine/Piriton as well. If it doesn't work on the rash, oh well, I'll be asleep at my desk by lunchtime with all these antihistaminesblush

SeahorseSid Mon 13-Jul-15 07:39:08

I would take an antihistamine like cetirizine (zirtek), and put some hydrocortisone cream on the rash (you can get this 1% OTC). Don't get HC in your eyes.
Don't put any soaps on the area, and if you need to moisturise use something very neutral like aveeno.

I'm not a medic, but this is what I would do.
If its really bad got to GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now