Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dairy free high street restaurants...

(6 Posts)
Sid77 Sun 12-Jul-15 21:39:04

Going to Brighton tomorrow with DS1 (4) who's a massive pasta lover and DS2 who is nearly 2 years old and allergic to dairy, egg, sesame. Does anyone have any recommendations for high street restaurants (thinking zizzi, carluccios, pizza exp etc) that are good with allergies? We usually avoid eating out but need to start to try!

trixymalixy Sun 12-Jul-15 21:44:16

DS is 8 and allergic to dairy, egg, sesame and nuts. We eat out a lot and have only ever once been somewhere that had nothing he could eat.

Having said that, we tend to stick to chains. They all have good allergy info online. We like nandos, pizza express and wagammanas.

Sid77 Sun 12-Jul-15 21:47:11

Thanks trixy clearly we need to be more adventurous!

babybarrister Mon 13-Jul-15 15:11:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dairyfreebabyandme Wed 15-Jul-15 14:15:20

We used to go to Wagamamas all the time but now avoid after I reacted badly, following a meal there. We like ASK Italian now, but not sure that it would work for you with egg/nuts. They have nuts as starters, and in one of the desserts. If you check out this blogger, she has been to Brighton loads and has always found stuff there. She is egg, gluten and milk free. n1c79eats.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Brighton

Ottosaurus Fri 17-Jul-15 09:31:19

Just a warning to be really clear with your server in pizza express, whilst I've had good experiences - last week my multiple allergy son was given something with dairy and egg I'm despite me repeatedly checking with the waitress. Pizza express are investigating but it worries me that the quality varies so much from restaurant to restaurant. Had that been my friend's son he would have had an anaphylactic reaction... As it was mine it was delayed, but we still had 72hrs of hell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now