Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What hayfever remedies work best?

(4 Posts)
Sorryjustthinking Fri 03-Jul-15 21:25:57

I am 38 and have never suffered from hay fever until this year.
Last few weeks, mainly my left eye is really sore and tender. It feels like there's a burning tear stuck in both corners. Nose occasionally runs in the day but blocked at night.
Tried 2 different antihistamines and a homeopathic remedy but they don't seem to help.
What works to alleviate your symptoms?

WhatWouldGibbsDo Sat 04-Jul-15 08:29:40

Sorry you're suffering - my hayfever seemingly appeared out of nowhere in my twenties, no idea why though! It might be worth trying a few different antihistamines as different ones seem to work for different people - even if they apparently contain the same active ingredient confused. Benadryl one a day seems to work best for me, but most work better after taking them for a few days I think. If it's just your left eye though it might be worth looking at just to be sure it's not something else? Though what you've described does sound quite similar to what I get. The only other thing that helps me is washing my face when my eyes start burning, I don't know if I'm cleaning invisible pollen off or it's just soothing but it seems to help grin

Nicky12345 Sun 05-Jul-15 23:54:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Sorryjustthinking Mon 06-Jul-15 11:31:07

Just wanted to thank u for your responses and advice.
Yesterday I was close to trying a 3rd antihistamine as the other 2 only worked for a few hours, not all day as they claim. My sister suggested I try a different homeopathic remedy and shockingly all my symptoms have gone and not returned, it's nothing short of a miraclesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now