Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dairy and soy free bread

(8 Posts)
Superworm Mon 27-Apr-15 13:49:29

Is there a tesco's bread that's suitable? I vaguely remember reading there was...

Superworm Mon 27-Apr-15 13:50:09

I'm after a sliced loaf type rather than the part-baked rolls

iwantkhaleesiseyebrows Tue 16-Jun-15 16:18:24

The only one I've found is in waitrose- it's their whole and white sliced bread in a green and clear packet. They also stock a white sliced loaf by Jacksons bakery which is soya and dairy free...

Superworm Wed 17-Jun-15 07:39:03

Thanks for the reply. I found the tesco Farmhouse bread and DS been fine with it. For dime reason the waitrose bread makes him I'll. I think it must have soy in it?

Crazyqueenofthecatladies Wed 17-Jun-15 07:41:09

The Tesco value brown loaf is df and sf in certain parts of the country - it depends on the local bakery used. It's our go to loaf in Fife.

Acorncat Thu 18-Jun-15 14:35:32

The tesco own brands are ok, but only the wholemeal. Lidl and Aldi are fine as well, but again just the wholemeal. I haven't found any white bread.

northerngoldilocks Tue 23-Jun-15 22:11:24

the hovis multigrain sliced (purple packaging) is fine - but has lots of seeds in it so could have a high chance of cross contamination I suppose

dietcokeisgreat Mon 29-Jun-15 17:21:37

I ended up buying a breadmaker....packet mixes you just add water to are really convinient and orovided us with more variety. We also relied heavily on pitta bread/wraps and carefully check thungs like crumpets as some are df and sf. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now