Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone had a child on Neocate?

(5 Posts)
Annarose2014 Thu 22-Jan-15 10:37:55

DS has CMPI, he's 10 wks. Aptimil Pepti only gave moderate improvement so after 3 weeks with no great success the GP has just given us Neocate.

After 24 hours of it he got much worse - back to the bad old days. Plenty of wind moving, but also plenty trapped by the looks of it. He was in bits. None of us have has any sleep. This morning he did his first "Neocate poo" (grim) so I'm desperately hoping he'll finally start to improve now.

Can I ask, what was it like when your child first went on to Neocate? DH wants to go back to the AP, as even though it wasn't a miracle worker at least it didn't make things worse.

MayfairMummy Fri 23-Jan-15 14:08:45

Hi Annarose,
We didn't have huge issues, but i was mainly b/f anyway, and it was the supplemental food....

Having said that, I've heard of many people who had a few issues in the transition but were ok after a few days. Sorry to say, but i'd stick it out at least another 24 hours (but then I'm not a dr!)....

Annarose2014 Fri 23-Jan-15 14:33:59

Hi, thanks for your response. Things are calmer today so I'm hoping it was transitional. It was a hairy 24 hrs! I'm a bit wary, but we'll keep it up another day or two to see. smile

PixieBaby Sun 01-Feb-15 19:01:39

I highly recommend jumping on Facebook to join the 'CMPA Support for Weaning' group. Loads of mums in your situation and can support/give advice.

Cheers

LindsayS79 Tue 03-Feb-15 21:49:05

I found it made my DD sick more because it's thinner it comes up easier. After about 6 weeks we found it made such a difference to her eczema though. Night and day. She was also on omeprazol for reflux

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: