Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Advice please on packing tapes

(4 Posts)
GinGinGin Thu 22-Jan-15 05:57:57

Hi

Bit of a random question, but am hoping someone here will know!

I've just started my own business - making sweets from home. My USP is that all ingredients are ethically sourced or organic and all packaging used is recyclable/Eco-friendly. I'm going to be selling online and posting so I want to use a Kraft paper tape to seal the boxes. All the ones I've come across seem to have a latex based adhesive and I was wondering if this would be a trigger for latex-allergy sufferers? If so, does anyone happen to know of an Eco-friendly sealing tape that doesn't contain latex? Like I said, random, but hopefully someone will know!

TIA smile

GinGinGin Thu 22-Jan-15 07:04:47

Bump

GinGinGin Thu 22-Jan-15 12:10:50

Anyone? Sorry, I know it's a vv boring topic!

CoconutSponge Thu 22-Jan-15 12:50:15

Apparently, yes this could be an issue for people with Latex Allergies according to the site linked below, which also has a list of alternative products that would be a more suitable alternative:

www.lasg.org.uk/information/latest-latex-list

smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: