Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is my baby allergic to formula?

(2 Posts)
Reddottys12 Sun 11-Jan-15 19:12:16

Apologies if there's a thread on this alresdy!!!

My DS is 5.5 months old and has been EBF (although had SMA in special care when first born). Since he hit 4 months I've been lucky if he's had 3 hours of solid sleep in one go at night, so a week ago we decided to do 1 bottle of formula a day in the evening (Hipp organic) to see if it settles him and help him sleep more. So far it's not working on his sleep confused, but he does seem to enjoy the bottle so I'm continuing! I have noticed though that he often has a poo straight after a bottle. He also has gone from 1 poo every few days on breastmilk to sometimes 3 a day! Could this be a sign that his body isn't agreeing with the formula? His poo's are greedy/mustardy and sometimes a little slimy - only a little. Sorry for being so graphic!!!

I'd like to continue on the bottle but fear i'm doing harm - or am I just being paranoid? Maybe I shouldn't have started him on Hipp when he had already had SMA at birth??

HotMommy Mon 12-Jan-15 13:50:36

It doesn't sound like an allergy to me. An allergy would result in rash, vomiting, very upset tummy, etc.... Breastfed babies have different poo to formula fed babies so it's probably just the change in his diet. If he is happy and not having an obvious reaction then you should be fine to continue as you are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now