Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gluten free Jamie's get ahead gravy?

(4 Posts)
nbee84 Sat 20-Dec-14 18:27:03

Dd suffers with ibs and thinks it is linked to wheat/gluten so she is trying a gluten free diet at the moment.

We love Jamie's get ahead gravy. To make it gluten free could I use cornflour instead of normal flour? If so, do I use the same quantity? At it at the time that I would have added the flour, or mix it with cold water and add it at the end to thicken it?

mummynanny67 Sat 20-Dec-14 23:17:28

Our son is gluten free and we use cornflour in our gravy and add it at the same time you would flour. Just sieve it at the end. You can also use Xanthia Gum (not sure of spelling) which is a natural thickening agent.

nbee84 Mon 22-Dec-14 17:32:17

Thanks mummy. I went with gf plain flour and ½tsp of xantham gum. It's turned out ok and is tasty, will be even tastier with the turkey juices and cranberry sauce come christmas day grin

mummynanny67 Mon 22-Dec-14 22:33:58

Great news

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now