Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

has ds outgrown his cmp allergy?

(6 Posts)
whyareallthegoodnicknamestaken Fri 12-Dec-14 12:55:07

Ds has a mild cmp allergy and a possible egg allergy (waiting on allergy tests)
he showed a cmp allergy at 6 months when I added cows milk to mash. He has been breastfed so it's not really been a problem.
yesterday dd (6) was eating a chocolate caramel when ds snatched it and ate it (he's 19 months) I admit I should have been watching more closely. I tried to get it out of his mouth but it was pretty much gone blush
he showed no reaction at all so today I put a little butter on his bread and he showed no reaction to that either.
Could it be that he's grown out of it?

whyareallthegoodnicknamestaken Fri 12-Dec-14 20:46:34

Bump

pashmina696 Sat 13-Dec-14 15:26:36

what reaction did he have before?

madwomanbackintheattic Sat 13-Dec-14 15:30:31

I know a lot of kids that grow out of it around a year old. It's always a big thing with the mums as they can change their diet too!! Makes life much easier.

whyareallthegoodnicknamestaken Sun 14-Dec-14 23:34:41

The first reaction was hives all around his mough and swollen eyelids, after that whenever we tried to introduce dairy back into his diet we just tried a small amount of milk on the back of his hand and a hive would appear within 2-5 mins. It would be such a relief if he had outgrown it. I know it's not the worst thing in the world but makes eating out or parties quite difficult.

AppleYumYum Wed 17-Dec-14 22:28:01

My DS 2.5 has pretty much grown out of his. I think at about 2 they begin to grow out of it as that is when they invite you for a re-challenge. We had a re-challenge appointment at hospital where we stayed most of the day and he had increasing amounts of milk every 15 minutes from 1.0ml building up to a whole cup. He used to get a red, puffy face, swollen eyelids and hives all over his face and down his neck. He was ok with the milk at the hospital but did still have a 'contact' rash. So if it ran down his chin, he had hives just where it touched his skin. The nurse said this was ok, and showed he had developed a tolerance to dairy.

The nurse then gave us a milk ladder to follow, so I'd recommend following this cowsmilkallergyguidelines.co.uk/download/Njc=. We're up to eating pieces of cheese at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now