Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Immunologist for allergies?

(5 Posts)
seoda24 Sun 07-Dec-14 11:17:28

Hi there, has anyone here been to an immunologist? I have atopic eczema and a range of allergies and I see the dermatology department often to monitor things .I was wondering what to expect from a visit to immunologist as I have had allergy blood tests/ patch testing done in hospital a few years ago.However I am still finding things I react to and lately I got a slight lip swelling from a bouncy castle....thanks everyone

bananaandcustard Sun 07-Dec-14 18:02:39

yes. my children have been under the care of immunologist.
I would ring the help line of anaphylaxis campaign for advice.

if you are in UK it would depend on were you live re access to one near you.

seoda24 Sun 07-Dec-14 18:56:34

Thanks for that.Do they do a series of allergy testing? I was just wondering this as I have had tests done in the past with dermatology department for allergies so I am not sure what the difference is! Thank you.

bananaandcustard Mon 08-Dec-14 11:18:52

an immunologist will do a ige specific blood test and skin prick tests and will also take your reaction history in to account.

seoda24 Mon 08-Dec-14 12:06:26

Thanks for info.Hard to keep on top of allergies and even harder to get to the root of them.Cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now