Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worsening red rash around mouth

(5 Posts)
Waltonswatcher Tue 25-Nov-14 20:54:22

Dd2 . Allergic to dairy and soya . Gluten free .
Started getting a red rash around mouth in the summer. It occurs within 20mins of eating . I've kept a food diary but nothing's flagging up. It goes down after a few hours .
The rash seems to be getting more severe. This happens almost daily . Paediatrition was unconcerned .
I'm concerned!
Any ideas?i wondered if it was chemicals or additives...

RockinHippy Mon 01-Dec-14 08:35:52

My own DD used to get this exact same rash if she ate fresh tomatoes - she was fine with anything with cooked tomatoes or sauce & our friend DS had the same with citrus fruits - it's was never a serious allergy & both grew out of it - so could one of those be a possibility??

mine does have the soy allergy & some issues with dairy too & we are finding soy pop up in all sorts of unexpected places, such as soaps etc, so that might be something else to consider

leekandpotato Mon 01-Dec-14 08:48:37

cant see rash very well. take it you have ruled out impetigo?

agree acidic or high histamine foods can irritate skin around mouth. most grow out.

we avoided tomato/ orange etc until skin cleared.

also, cold weather can irritate skin further iyswim. so add thin layer of barrier cream before going outside or before meals.

RockinHippy Mon 01-Dec-14 08:51:37

If you've ruled out citrus (& impetigo) then this link has a good list of none foodstuff that can contain soy...

HERE

piggyboo Tue 02-Dec-14 22:34:50

my son gets a similar rash with tomatoes, chocolate, tinned tuna, cheese and a few other foods due to their high histamine levels as he has histamine intolerance. It might be worth checking out lists of high histamine foods and seeing if they are the culprit. As Rockin said Soy can be hidden in other items so might be worth a look to see if she is being inadvertantly exposed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now