Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lactose intolerance??

(4 Posts)
katie2008 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:35:45

Hi, I am having a nightmare with formula, I breastfed my ds for the first 8 weeks but he was terribly collicy, we were both getting stressed so decided to change to formula feeding, regular cow and gate also gave him terrible collic so switched to comfort milk (which has a reduced lactose content) and he was so much better but it gave him an awful upset tummy, switched to Aptimil but again he was terrible with colic, was recommended colief (removes all lactose) which worked miracles but again a terrible upset tummy and also VERY expensive, switched to a lactose free formula and his tummy is perfect but he's very unsettled, I just can't win!! Anyone else had this problem?

katie2008 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:37:02

Forgot to ad that he's now 18 weeks old

pashmina696 Wed 26-Nov-14 13:52:56

Mjght be cows milk protein allergy? this is more common than lactose intolerance. my DS appeared to be lactose intolerant but that was a secondary symptom and he was CMPA.

HopeNope Wed 26-Nov-14 13:56:03

Ask the GP to prescribe you a hypoallergenic formula like nutramigen. Give that two weeks and then assess if its made a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now