Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tingling lips & tongue

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 23-Nov-14 15:29:19

OK so for a week or so I have had tingling lips & tongue, it isn't the first time it has happened (maybe 4 or 5 times)

I've assumed it was an allergy & taken antihistamines

Is it worth pestering the GP with it or shall I just carry on treating whenever it happens?

KatyMac Sun 30-Nov-14 19:47:08

bump

PaleoTillChristmas Mon 08-Dec-14 19:28:09

I've had this lately too! The first time, it seemed to be connected to eating strawberries, but it's been happening a lot at other times as well. Have you tried keeping a food journal? I've got a vague idea it might be connected to sugar.

On the other hand, I also had a reaction to a new lip gloss recently, have you been using anything new?

KatyMac Mon 08-Dec-14 19:36:31

No strawberries, no lipgloss or lip stick - I'm too allergic for them sad

PaleoTillChristmas Tue 09-Dec-14 10:49:46

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you've got low-grade inflammation of some sort - your immune system is overreacting for some reason. Did the antihistamines help?

MoreSnowPlease Tue 09-Dec-14 10:53:20

Could be this

www.allergyuk.org/oral-allergy-syndrome/oral-allergy-syndrome

PaleoTillChristmas Tue 09-Dec-14 12:44:03

Thanks, that looks a lot like what I've got. KatyMac, if you've got it too, this says you must go to your GP to see if you ought to carry adrenaline, in case it gets severe. x

KatyMac Tue 09-Dec-14 22:02:32

low-grade inflammation of some sort - your immune system is overreacting for some reason that makes total sense

I'll mention it next time I see the GP

Thanks

KatyMac Thu 11-Dec-14 18:09:31

I've jut eaten fish & I have it again

I'm going to have to see a GP aren't I?

PaleoTillChristmas Thu 11-Dec-14 19:05:31

I think that's a good idea, the link above suggests it could get serious. What a shame!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now