Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

testing for intolerance/allergy

(2 Posts)
nomoresats Sun 16-Nov-14 21:29:10

DS is under a gastroenterologist for bowel problems. I don't feel that intolerances/allergies have really been ruled out as a cause. He has had biopsy for coeliac and RAST tests but nothing else to my knowledge. What tests would you expect to see?

EssexMummy123 Sun 16-Nov-14 21:33:59

I think you should see a paediatrician who specialises in allergies, also check out the little refluxers forum there's a well of information there about allergies and lots of parents around the country have fed-back on their local hospital specialist. - My DD has an allergic bowel (i forget the medical term for it) and seeing a consultant for allergies rather than the symptoms that the allergies triggered was very useful for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now