Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eumovate Ointment - anyone else having trouble getting hold of it?

(7 Posts)
greencybermummy Fri 26-Sep-14 17:45:23

I'm in North of England. Pharmacist tells me there is none in stock and none in the suppliers stores either. Is this a national problem? Also told the equivalent is unavailable.

They told me no idea when back in stock. DD currently on a fairly strict regime from Consultant so I'm feeling frustrated as we are seeing results.

OatcakeCravings Fri 26-Sep-14 17:48:45

Yes, problem in Scotland getting hold of it.

greencybermummy Fri 26-Sep-14 19:52:03

I've emailed manufacturers Glaxo Smith Kline to ask them whether there is an issue.

Swannykazoo Tue 28-Oct-14 16:50:14

Yep - big shortage. Have you tried asking for clobetasone 0.05% (its the generic)

ukey Tue 28-Oct-14 17:51:44

we got the clobetasone on script due to the shortage, tho last script the eumovate was back in stock.

MajesticWhine Tue 28-Oct-14 21:06:36

Grr. just got prescribed this today and tried 3 different pharmacies. The third one I tried sensibly agreed to give me an equivalent.

freefrommum Mon 03-Nov-14 19:44:52

Just noticed this thread after asking similar question in new thread! Can't get hold of branded or generic. Chemist says it's long term out of stock everywhere and has been for last 2 months' repeat requests - so frustrating! Been trawling internet pharmacies to see if I can buy any online as getting really desperate but no joy yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now