Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

A good allergy mask for adults anyone?

(8 Posts)
SilverDragonfly1 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:45:25

It especially needs to filter out cigarette smoke! I have looked online already, but they are not cheap so would like to know if anyone has recommendations before paying out. Thanks.

atthestrokeoftwelve Tue 04-Mar-14 20:37:31

Why do you need one?

SilverDragonfly1 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:37:01

It's for my adult son- he gets minibussed to work each day and everyone else smokes on the bus. Complaining about it would be unlikely to go down well, so as he has asthma and is recovering from bronchitis right now it seems like the easiest solution.

SilverDragonfly1 Sun 09-Mar-14 15:16:29

In case it's useful for anyone else to know, we went with the Vogmask brand as it comes in several different designs rather than looking like a medical mask or respirator. We will see if it's any good tomorrow!

glammanana Sun 09-Mar-14 15:43:13

I may be totally wrong but is there not a law against smoking on buses,weither they are work buses or not ? I'm thinking it is classed as part of the working enviroment law.
I do know when ever my DD has people in from her Housing Association she is requested to not have any smokers (not that she does) in the house at least an hour before workmen arrive for the same reason.I apologise if I am completly wrong.

Bunbaker Sun 09-Mar-14 15:46:32

I thought it was against the law as well. Are you not in the UK?

SilverDragonfly1 Sun 09-Mar-14 17:54:04

Apparently it is illegal, as we are in the UK. But everyone else wants to do it and as an employee of a couple of months, quoting laws and workplace rights is unlikely to go down well!

The housing association one surprises me- we are HA tenants too and have never been asked that, though we don't smoke anyway. Maybe it is more about policy in that case?

SilverDragonfly1 Wed 26-Mar-14 14:59:49

Mask working well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now