Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pancakes made without Milk

(4 Posts)
whodidthatthistime Tue 04-Mar-14 11:13:53

I have a little girl with milk allergy.

How can i help her enjoy pancake day....or should i just avoid it till she has left.

vikinglights Tue 04-Mar-14 11:15:53

I have in the past used water, oat milk and applejuice in pancakes all happily eaten by both allergic and non allergic

Thankgoodnessforcheerios Tue 04-Mar-14 11:18:41

I say give it a go, just use whatever milk substitute you have for her at the moment.
I will be trying pancakes with soya milk and egg substitute later as my ds is allergic to milk, eggs and peanuts, not sure what they will turn out like. We have renamed then plaincakes!smile

TheTerribleBaroness Tue 04-Mar-14 11:25:23

I work in a pancake restaurant, and having tried anything and everything, they make the milk free pancakes with SevenUp. Apparently this gives the best flavour. I'm a bit hmm about using it myself - DM is lactose intolerant and would also have reacted to the additives in the SevenUp, but it's not my restaurant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now